Sunday, June 20, 2010

the best and worst dream I've ever had

Here's a horrible yet amazing dream I had last night, just so I never forget it. Also I can only remember certain parts towards the end.

Enter scene....I'm on my way back to Shippensburg where I'm going to meet Jen then go to an awards banquet for the English department. At the banquet I will present to the faculty the new Spawning Pools. Also, I'll be meeting up with my sorta boyfriend Russell Brand. Yeah. Russell is winning the most improved student award and he's really nervous because he has to give an acceptance speech.

So I pull up to Stoneridge, which is apparently where Jen and I had been living this past school year. Stoneridge is HUGE and towering, and when I get to our old apartment Jen is really stressed out because a whole bunch of our stuff isn't moved out. This is really confusing to me, but I readily accept it. I convince her that it'll be okay, but we have to get to the banquet hall. This banquet hall is in some bizarro building at Ship, and before it starts there's a reception room where there's punch and snacks. Everyone is basically waiting for the professors to show up. When I get there, Jen immediately disappears somewhere. I'm then left with a bunch of people I hate trying to talk to me. Most of these people are from my old high school days. I'm getting really anxious and annoyed and decide that I don't want to be there, so I sneak out. On my way out, I see Russell coming into the room. He sees me leaving and starts chasing me. I run and (this is the best part of the dream) he tackles me. And I squirm away, telling him that it's horrible in there. But he already knows exactly what's up, and why I'd be upset. He convinces me to stay and watch his speech because he really wants me there.

So the professors show up and we all file into this banquet hall. Russell sits really close upfront, but I decide (IN A HORRIBLE DECISION DREAM-SELF) that I don't want to sit that close to the front. So I sit towards the back with Jen and other people. Halfway through this whole thing there's a break for breakfast before Russell's speech. I leave everyone and decide I'm starving and need to go to Kriner. I think at this point I thought everyone would catch up with me there. So I get to Kriner, alone, and can't find anything I want to eat, and I also don't have money so I decide to try and steal food. This doesn't work out, and I leave. When I get out of Kriner, which is now in a strip mall, I'm really confused about how to get back to where I was. I also don't have my cell phone on me. I spend a long time trying to figure out where I am, eventually deciding the banquet is over, I go back to Stoneridge. Jen is there and I ask her if Russell was upset at me. And she says that his whole speech he looked like he was going to cry because I wasn't there. Then I feel horrible and try calling him, but he doesn't answer. END OF THE DREAM, I'VE RUINED EVERYTHING.

No comments: