Last night was my first time actually waitressing. It was pretty nuts actually. I mean, I was really hesitant about it because my first night was going to be on a Friday at dinner time. But then the revelation hit me that, uh there were 10000 other servers as well, and I only needed to worry about three tables at a time. All in all, it went really well. At first, I was like "omg I can't do this, I'm just going to have to quit," but that subsided pretty quickly. I guess I had ten tables over the course of the night, and made about fifty bucks in cash tips alone...which is probably not too impressive for what a typical waitress makes, but it was nice to walk out with that on my first night. I worked from 5:30 til sometime after 1AM, and I was in no hurry to leave. Time passed really quickly.
Interestingly...there is a "swingers" club in Hanover that meets at the restaurant I work out. It's probably about 50 people who were on the entire one side of the restaurant. It looked like a Rocky Horror convention was going on, and not in a good way. I didn't have to serve them, which was FINE by me, but it did give me and my coworkers plenty to talk about. My favorite part was when the bartender started chanting "weird power!" with his fists in the air.
I should probably note for the record that I'm getting pretty sick of blindly submitting teaching applications with absolutely no indication that my efforts are anything but in vain. I'm not throwing in the towel, but up until now I've had some sort of inner drive that seems to have gone into (wait for it) neutral.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
she just smiles and lets me know it's going to be alright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment