Sunday, September 11, 2011

Turning the knife on everything except my own life

Doing one of those staggering, I just cried about an hour or two ago, breaths. Sitting with a commissary cup of chamomile tea, and two mascara punched in eyes. Have to imagine that between my bangs, glasses, and general unappeal no one has noticed.

No one will be surprised to learn that something bad has happened. I got in a car accident this morning. I think the crowning moment of my self-aware yet compulsory theatrical action of laying my forehead against the steering wheel.

Oh yes I have a citation and everything.

Everyone keeps telling me that it's "okay"...the lady I hit, the police officer, my mom, even Jen (but she knows I don't believe it, and she doesn't either). But it never it, is it.

Beginning to think waiting on that letter from Hogwarts isn't worth the time.

No comments: