Favorite Quotes pages 1-60 from John Fowles "The Magus".
I knew I would never kill myself, I knew I would always want to go on living with myself, however hollow I became, however diseased.
I felt no consolation in this knowledge, but only a red anger that evolution could allow such sensitivity and such inadequacy to coexist in the same mind.
I know what it's like when people go away. It's agony for a week, then painful for a week, then you begin to forget, and then it seems as if it never happened, it happened to someone else...You say it's life, that's the way things are. Stupid things like that. As if you haven't really lost something for ever.
There isn't any meaning. You try and try to be happy and then something chance happens and it's gone.
Don't you begin to feel things about yourself you know are you? Are going to be you for ever? That's what I feel. I'm going to be a stupid Australian slut for ever.
The truth was I was not a cynic by nature; only by revolt. I had got away from what I hated, but I hadn't found where I loved, so I pretended that there was nowhere to love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, I loved reading the Magus, it has been so long since I read it though. : )
Post a Comment