
1. Not too much is expected out of you. Sometimes, nothing is expected, so any effort is considered above and beyond.
2. Valentine's Day colors are red and pink, Xmas is red and green. I love the color red, and I love green but hello, they're not opposite on the color wheel for no reason.
3. Valentine's Day clearly has the best candy. i.e. candy hearts. I always try to not allow myself to eat them because I know I'll get out of control, but I can't help it. Candy hearts are one of my favorite candies. Yeah yeah, xmas has candy canes. Whatever, I can have mints any time of the year (& I do!)
4. Stuff you make at Valentines Day is considered heartfelt if it's handmade. Handmade xmas presents just seem cheap.
5. Okay, this may be a throw-away reason but, in the days leading up to the 14th you can keep calling your friends, or acquantiances "Valentine" pointedly in public and make them feel really uncomfortable.
6. & my favorite reason, Valentines Day is when you get to tell your friends how much you love them in an acceptable context. You can't really tell someone how much you love them in a xmas card, that's weird.
Anyway, bottom line is, I'm going to Micheal's today and buying glitter and construction paper. Also, I wanna make cookies, but I can't really do that ahead of time over break, so I don't know if that's going to work out this year.
PS. There are about 1,000 stray cats that I keep scaring everytime I see them from my window then run downstairs and try and coax in, but then end up running after in the snow yelling "KITTTTTTTTY NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!''. I know I sound crazy, but they're going to freeze to death and I just want them to be warm. I'm thinking about leaving open cans of cat food on the sidewalk by my door. Anyway, it's straight up breaking my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment