Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's not my birthday anymore

Tuesday was my 23rd birthday and all that. It was pretty excellent, in spite of no funds for extravagances. It started with an early morning of preparing for my job interview at a local high school. Despite my HORRIBLE PHYSICALLY CRIPPLING anxiety that undermined my interview, I was able to use ***BIRTHDAY MAGIC**** to win the job. Which is a long-term substitute position that will last until the end of the year. This means I can finally get a car, which will probably be a 2011 Accent.

Afterwards Jen and I had our traditional diet of homefries, toast, and coffees at a diner. Luckily my birthday was wedged between two rainy days, so it was nice weather to go to Gettysburg and meander around the monuments& horrible boulder rocks. Also I bought these amazing cranberry vintagey shoes at the outlets.

I used what was left of birthday magic to make Ritas have my favorite flavor, strawberry banana. I also wanted soft pretzels from there but JEN vetoed the decision. UMM after that I used my secret birthday coupon at my favorite restaurant, The Full Moon, to get a gluttonous spread of sushiiii and tofu teriyaki. The waitresses found out it was my birthday (when I told them as per free bday coupon) and they planned a surprise free birthday fried banana with a candle in it. And they brought it out and sang to me as I marveled at all the sugar and strawberries and whipped cream on this glorious fries banana. Jen was in the bathroom so she missed it. But I've photoshopped her there in my memory. Anyway I immediately ate the whole thing.

So then we went back to my Mom's apartment so I could open presents and have my special lemon pound cake with raspberry icing. Twere an excellent show of a birthday.



(best present? two boxes of MINT GARDEN TEA)
SOME OTHER PRESENTS:
polka dot pencil skirt
green cardigan
SMITHS Mojo Magazine
black and white beaded necklace

1 comment:

Jen said...

Mint gaaaarden. I watched Double Rainbow on my appletv and it was funnier than I remembered.

Also, damn my bladder.