Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So damn bad

"Dentist broke the tooth right off. He pulled up this mini camera-- showed me hole, as if toothpick had been pushed in clay, going straight through my tooth. That’s your nerve he said. Later, I’d bite a waffle right on the thing---hurt so damn much. Tears streaming down my face. Well, dentist said he’d put another tooth on it, so he'd better do a bone graft. He turned to me, said now I’m legally obligated to tell you—this is cadaver bone. Go ahead I said.

Now this bone, isn’t taking, it’s pushing through the surface. Little bits been coming off all day in my mouth.

The man stuck his finger into the back of his mouth and pulled out a wet finger with a white dot at the center.

“I’ll call this one Jake”.

Someone to his left laughed and he shrugged.

“They said your teeth are the second thing to go”. He sipped his Cherry Coke through a crooked straw.

“What’s the first thing?” asked the lady with a face that was pinched towards her nose.

“I don’t remember” he said.

When she was quiet he added, “that was a joke”.

No comments: