The long table
led to the clock during lunch
Diet Cherry Coke poured over ice
then crush the can
see if you can dunk it
use the pizza box as a backboard
or the vending machine
between the talk of what are you having
somebody packed last night's creamed corn
and oh is that the last Lean Cuisine from the freezer then
still frozen in the middle
to my right someone is licking the plastic lid to their yogart
and I try not to listen
You demand of the table
upon sitting
What does it mean
to give 110%
if you can give 110% you can give 200%
It's a goddamn existential crisis
A goddamn existential crisis to have over trays of taco salad
Weak chins framed my path to you down the table
And I thought this universal subject enough to
justify my interest
You raised your eyebrows in my direction
and I watched my crumbled paper towel
It's hard to know who is looking at me
and who isn't
Friday, November 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment