Saturday, January 8, 2011

And everytime we kissed there was another apple to slice into pieces.

I'm leaking luck today, all over my best cardigans. I went to the local market this morning and they were having a Fugi Apple (the best of all apples) sale, $1 for a box of them. They sort of just sink into my gums.

And the tea lady, who LOOK LIKE a tea lady, sold me this black tea, which has bergamont oil but isn't earl grey? Hm? We'll see. Also since she seemed to recognize and respect my breadth of knowledge of tea, she wrote down my email address on a secret list. This list is the people she contacts when she's trying to get rid of overstocked teas and sells them at a hella cheap price.

I was finally able to make it to Reader's Cafe. Walking in the door I was hit with the sort of smell, and the way the air pressure was just as it was when I was 13. It's like my Holden Caulfield Museum. All the statues in their same place, nothing changed but me. They even had a section of used books now. But nothing that I was looking for particularly. I'm on this mission to read "The Sweet Hereafter", and want nothing of anything else. So, I'm a slave to Paperbackswap.com again. Anyway, it had snowed out last night, so I sat at the little wooden tables they have lining the windows and made friends with the girl who was working. She topped off my coffee before I left, which was nice because it was this Belgium Chocolate flavored dark roast. I found this book called, A History of the Occult in America, or something to the effect. Awesome. Also, there is this whole genre now of Civil War graphic novels, which I'm really into.

Afterwards I agreed to go to the mall to pick through the used cds with my mom. I found a used Talking Heads and Replacements cd. Buy 1 get 1. Hoozah. More importantly, I ran into my old art teacher, who seemed to think that I'd have no trouble subbing at Hanover. And she told me that one of my old classmates is actually subbing there now. So, I'm going to try and find him on Facebook and see what pro-tips he can offer. Also, she winked at me. I don't know about all that.

Tonight I'm going swimming at the YMCA, which is OKAY but there are so many more people there now since it's so close to New Years still. Stay outta mah laps or I'll be reduced to taking Dudley for several mile long walks.

Still haven't heard back from Southern Teachers, Teach for America application almost ready to send off, trying to keep my wits about me by pulling myself through my self of pedagogical books. I still need to buy a Classroom Management book from Amazon, though I found one that I think will do.

No comments: