Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's you and me against the World kid she mumbled to herself

I just finished watching Diane Sawyer's interview with Mark Kelly (aka the astronaut who is married to Gabrielle Giffords). Sort of made any kind of romance that I'd had or thought I'd ever had seem unremarkably cheap. The inscription on Gifford's wedding ring said "you're the closest to heaven that I've been." I mean, he's camped out at her bedside for ten days now. And Diane Sawyer asked him about the mission he's supposed to command that's coming up. He just says, "I've already been to space three times I don't need to go back." He says that she works harder than him, and that he's worried most that he won't hear her laugh again. He doesn't know how to tell her about the other people that died.
It was really exhausting just watching him. It left me feeling like, I don't know anything. I thought I loved people in the past but, not like that, and I know that no one has ever loved me like that. We're all so young and I'm so stupid.

No comments: