Thursday, December 2, 2010

I had 16 stitches all around my head.

Last of the Hey Nostradamus! Quotes

I suppose I also thought that being a stenographer hearing it all would somehow inoculate me against crimes occurring to me. Naive. But then, it was a seventeen-year-old me who made that decision. Imagine leaving your most important life decisions to a seventeen-year-old! If there's such a thing as reincarnation, I want the nature of my next incarnation to be decided by a quorum of twelve seventysomethings.

Having one's paranoia confirmed can be a relaxing, almost sedative sensation.

Usually a deja vu, like happiness, vanishes the moment you recognize it.

Eye contact is the most intimacy two people can have--forget sex--because the optic nerve is technically an extension of the brain, when two people look into each other's eyes, it's brain-to-brain.

I'll be applying makeup in the morning, combing my hair, washing my clothes, but it's not really for anyone. I'm alive, but so what.

I think there are people who were born with that little door open, and they have to go through life knowing that they might jump through it at any moment.

No comments: