Sunday, December 19, 2010

don't make this lyrics from good riddence

1. Kindle.

Having never mentioned or requested any sort of e-reader I was somewhat surprised that my mom bought one for me as a graduation gift. I'd played around with e-readers while working at Borders (Kobo and Sony's Cruz) but what unconvinced about their superiority to books in any way. So with my $25 gift card I made the collegiate choice of purchasing Booky Wook II. And omg, Kindle. Omg. Kindle. You're everything I never knew and always wanted. I can listen to musick and lay it flat on my bed and only have to use one hand to hold it and I can read it in any position at all. It's so light that my hands don't get tired of holding it and it always keeps my page. So this is a lesson about prejudice. Much like I'm sure Fox News viewers feel when they meet their homo and are surprised when they don't immediately try and have buttsex with them.

2. Sarah Palin

So I've been watching Sarah Palin's reality show/prolonged tourist advertisement for Alaska. And a few things have happened to my mind.

1. I want Sarah Palin to by my mommy
2. Did Sarah Palin write a book? I'm downloading it for my Kindle. Wait. For my Kindle. Ahhh feels so good.
3. I've developed an instintive dislike for anyone who has some "clever" punkass comment that insults her intelligence.
4. Alaska=the ultimate tourist destination?
5. Jokes that Sarah makes about being able to see Russia from her house=HILARIOUS.

3. Graduation

There was something slightly romantic and slightly terrible, sitting on the metal folding chairs at my college graduation next to a girl whose name I never caught and knew I'd never see again, but I know the following things about her:

1. She is from Biglerville and knows where South West/Hanover is because she used to come here to play sports in High School.
2. She got her hair cut yesterday, that's Friday now, at this awesome punky/goth salon in that G-Burg outlets that I've always wanted to go to but always thought was too 'spensive.
3. She wants to work in Social Work but she's afraid about the sorrow/drama involved in being a case worker.
4. Her mom ironed her graduation robes.
5. She didn't like the drunk girl that was sitting one seat away from her.
6. She was number 115 in line, me being 116.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Damn you and your kindle. Also, will you be voting for Palin for president?