Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I am still not getting what I want

So I talked to Alex last night for the first time in forever. I told him about what's been going on and it made me feel a little better about things. I've been feeling a little unintentionally sad lately--that I can't really pinpoint why. You know, like somedays you're upset about something and then you act upset outwardly. But whatever.

I have an essay to write for Dr. Mao tonight which I'm pretty excited about. Also, I love my Shakespeare class. And all of my readings for Dr. Mao are absolutely fascinating.

It's raining out today and I just want to stay inside. I can't help feeling a need for distance to clear my cluttered mind.

I had a dream about my family last night. I've been missing home lately. I want to see my dog.



Excerpt from Anne Sexton' s "Admonitions to a Special Person"

Watch out for love(unless it is true,and every part of you says yes including the toes),
will wrap you up like a mummy,and your scream won't be heard
and none of your running will end.
Love?
Be it man. Be it woman.
It must be a wave you want to glide in on,give your body to it, give your laugh to it,give, when the gravelly sand takes you,your tears to the land.
To love another is something
like prayer and can't be planned, you just fall
into its arms because your belief undoes your disbelief.

No comments: