Monday, April 18, 2011

As for me, I could leave the world with today in my eyes

Today I watched two episodes of "I Love Lucy" at 5 and then at 5:30, and the day didn't get better from there. School was rough, and I need to shape up. I'm starting to make definitive statements in my mind like "this just isn't for me" and I need to remember that this is only week two.

I wore this vintage scarf that I got in some thrift store in Philly over the summer. Because it's so little I had to bobby-pin it twice to keep it on. So all day I was in danger of one of them flying open and gauging my windpipe. Then they'd be sorry. But really, it was fine.

I sat at a diner for awhile tonight as per my weekly brooding quota requires before deciding to drive backroads in my lovely car. I tried to get into the shitty indie pop XM was piping into my car, and I had the sun roof open, but I just kept thinking about how much gas I was wasting. That song "I Was A Teenage Anarchist" came on with the line "do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire" and I thought--yeah...wat. wat. happened? I'm eating fat-free wheat thins for lunch and designing rubrics in my spare time.


Two days til Easter Break and tomorrow just has to be better.

No comments: