I watched "Empire Records" which I hadn't seen since I was maybe 14. Anyway, everyone has every teen issue imaginable in that movie, like they're puking them with every line of dialogue. I wish life were more like that. Also, I was trying to decide how old those actors are supposed to be.18? No way. But not as old as me? Whatever age they are, I never was and never will be.
Today I was reading that we only ever put 20% of effort into things that get us 80% of our results.I think this means that we spend a few concentrated minutes/hours doing things that mean anything---for example my lessons for tomorrow or writing the novel. I guess I want to fix this. In an experiment where I make every minute matter. Or at least bump it up to 30%.

1 comment:
Ms. Sullivan,
While I do enjoy these lovely monologues of yours (and I genuinely do... I'm not just saying that as a friendly preface to the real subject of this comment), I do miss reading your poetry. In the event that any new work has surfaced as of late on your end, I'd love to see it.
-Mr. Bartal
Post a Comment