I picked a topic for a Method's project that required I do a lesson around something on the subject of "falling from grace". I was in a serious dilemma, because other than the example of "Frankenstein" that was listed on the sheet, I couldn't think of a single text. Jen suggested I do "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". I'd never read it but I owned it, so I quickly tore through it (only 50 pages). I love it. My project turned out pretty good too, I think so anyway, we'll see what my professor thinks tomorrow. Anyway, here are a couple quotes I really like from it.
"It is one thing to mortify curiosity, another to conquer it"
"It is one of those affairs that cannot be mended by talking."
"I sometimes think if we knew all we should be more glad to get away"
"Memory has forgotten and self -love condoned the fault"
"...the terms of this debate are as old and commonplace as man; much the same inducements and alarms cast the die for any tempted and trembling sinner; and it fell out with me, as it falls with so vast a majority of my fellows, that I chose the better part, and was found wanting in the strength to keep to it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment