Day one of break. I slid my Methods project under my professor's door yesterday, and contemplated, maybe for the first time, how I managed to churn it out. I remember that this time last week I had written off accomplishing everything I needed to for this week. But I did it. And to tell you the truth, I think I did a pretty amazing job. Of course, there's always room for improvement, but there's nothing to be ashamed of. My methods project and my modernist paper turned out pretty good. So here's my metaphorical pat on the back.
Jen and I pretty much passed out last night with the realization that we hadn't had more than a hour of free time without concern that we should be doing something else...for two weeks. But we did it because we're HARDXCORE.
She left today and as I'm preparing for my mini Panera-work marathon, I cleaned my fish tank and ordered "The Fountainhead" off Amazon for my next Methods project. I figure that it should arrive sometime after Tuesday, which is good because I'll be doing my Level II hours in Bermudian Spring Monday and Tuesday so I won't have a chance to read it before then anyway. It'd be great if I could have it read before next week. I love it when school work gives me an excuse to read a novel I'd want to read in my freetime.
Jen and I are going to put the next issue of Spawning Pool together Sunday hopefully. I'm looking forward to the pot-luck at Dr. Wing's house for the Reflector. Jen (mostly) and I are going to cook vegan dishes. Then we're going to DC for my 22nd bday that Monday (which Methods is cancelled) so everything seems to be working out.
Break will give me a chance to get ahead on reading/projects, shopping for my teaching wardrobe, and cleaning. I'm not someone who finds solace in sitting around with my thumb up my ass.
I'm working on a pretty epic poem at the moment. I keep wanting to post it, but it's not there yet. Hopefully I can work it out tonight after work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I find solace in sitting around with my thumb up my ass, it's true.
AIM just told me that they need to have an update, and one of the new features will be "Notification suppression so no more than five toasts will stack at any given time" and I was happy with that typo.
We are the most HARDxCOREXXXXXXXX.
Let me know your plans for Sunday, have fun at worky work.
Post a Comment