I don't understand why even my shower gel from Whole Foods has to condescend me. I'm reading the back while I was in the shower; "This is not your typical shower gel. It was actually formulated to moisturize and soothe dry skin". Okay. I guess it's the word "actually" that does it. First of all, alot of shower gels do that. In fact, most soaps moisturize skin. Secondly, why "actually"? Like I was saying, "oh hey, here's this shower gel, but I doubt it does anything other than smell good" and then the shower gel had to correct me.
Being at Whole Foods makes me really self righteous though. More than being at Walmart. See, the thing about Walmart is that the people there are trying to save money and buying whatever. Which is deplorable of course. Because how cheap something is shouldn't be the reason you put it in your body. But that's an argument for a different blog. People are Whole Foods are saying, oh hey, I care...I'm a conscientious consumer. But guess what. You have milk in your cart. Or "happy" meat. Whatever. Come on. It's worse because they think they're doing better. But it's not, it's just as ignorant, and ten times as aggravating.
Maybe my self righousness is just a part of my neurousis. Like my blind impulse to believe that I've just seen Kate Gosselin in crowds where any short haired blond lady is with kids. And my overwhelming need to be a Dugger kid--but a little one of course.
I wrote a letter to Miranda July yesterday. She said on her website that she reads all mail but rarely responds. I think I'm going to keep sending her letters until she does. In this way, I'm somewhat like a stalker. Where does passion go bad? She'll have to wait until I have money again until she gets cool cards. I'm just running on leftover bulk cards from Barnes and Noble. All in good time.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment