Thursday, August 20, 2009

check this hand 'cause I'm marvelous

I worked for 10.5 hours again today. Wasn't all so bad. Dave stayed after his shift and we ate lunch together. I showed him my notebook pages where I've been drawing pictures of me as a zombie. He started drawing pics of me too, but mine are better-they have more of me eating brains. He showed me the stanza of poetry in persian script that he wants tattooed on him.I'm sad that I don't have any guy friends like him at Ship. I mean, I just know that if I stayed here that we'd end up BFFs. Anyway, at some point into the shift Pablo found me making indentation in the chicken pieces with the tongs and became concerned. So he went to Panera to buy me a coffee, and later confided that he regretted it. At some point I began talking too fast for him to translate.

Things are fala la la fantastic. Seriously. I was driving back from work the other day, and it's like everything just dawned on me. I always fell back into acting depressed and shrinking from trouble. I think I'm growing up, because I can't even tell you how unappealing that sounds to me right now.

No comments: