Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm my own stone around my neck

So tonight I went to Michaels and smelled all the new fall candles and looked at all the Halloween decorations. It made me happy, especially since I had a brilliant idea of a pumpkin carving party for October. I want to make these slippers so I can can be the most adorable person. Also, they'd be good to sell at the Knitting Mafia sale, maybe?
Tomorrow I have off, which is good because Thursday I work 10 hours and I'm going to need a day to talk myself into it. I have this thing I've been doing when I drive to work where I'm really tempted to just keep driving. Then I see my hands turning into the parking space, traitors. I'm going to go to my fav cafe tomorrow & work on my poems/dishcloths. I wish I could bring my new laptop with me. It's sort of like a child that I'm adopting--because I love it already--except it's better.

I thought of pretty cool idea for a zine. It's just a zine filled with letters that I (or other people also) write letters to strangers in. I mean strangers that you interact with (ie. a customer that always comes into your work). Anyway, it's hard to explain, but it'll be good, I promise.

No comments: