I worked my crazy 10.5 hr shift today. I thought I'd document it.
11:00AM: Arrives at work, announces to all coworkers how happy I am that Pablo isn't working. Prances around belligerently.
11:30AM: Discovers that coworker Dave is also a fan of X-files, follows him around discussing favorite characters. When he asks me if I realize that my favorite character is a "bad guy" I feel condescended.
12:00PM-2:00PM: Lunch rush.
2:00PM: Discovers huge box of mints in back.
2:30PM: Announces to all co-workers that we should all speak only in whispers to one another. Am the only one that finds idea funny. Keeps bringing idea up to everyone anyway. Feels unappreciated.
3:00PM: Considers giving manager 2 weeks notice but chickens out. Starts eating the candied pecans, shaved Parmesan cheese, and cold noodles. Make yummy combination in my mouth.
4:00PM: Whines to manager about needing coffee from Panera. Am allowed to walk to Panera. On way find dog chained up outside Trader Joes. Torn between being sad and happy. Gets large hazelnut coffee. Feeling good.
5:00PM: Confides to coworker about secret wish to be part of the Dugger family.
6:00PM-7:00PM: Dinner rush.
7:00PM: Ask coworker which guy she would date that works here. Coworker answers but doesn't ask me in return. Am disappointed. Mopes.
8:00PM: Legs hurt. Make excuses to sit down.
9:00PM: Rude to all customers. Uses accusitory tones when asking "What can I get for you".
9:30PM: Leaves work $90 richer but very sore and in need of long shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
<3
Post a Comment