Friday, August 21, 2009

You know I love you

I miss the way you'd say my name
by ending half way through---
It made me feel like you were never done with me, well
I sat on your bed mouthing "Oh's" the night you told me
you threw out your beads and perfumes
your voice had to pass from the wall and back to me
when you said it was time to put away childish things
Why'd you do that
when I would have left half of what's mine to carry half of what's you
but you let yourself talk yourself into what
being stuck, well
what can I finish for you now that you're cut,
let's run three-legged, because I'm only ever standing around on one foot
folding & creasing escapes against the fat of my brain, & well
I still have plans to go to Mexico

No comments: