Wednesday, September 9, 2009

No one can stare at the wall as good as you, my baby doll

I just got done interviewing a professor for my internship. He had gone to a conference in Hong Kong. A couple things happened.

1. Looking around his office, full of Asian relics down to his tie, I realized that this is someone who is truely passionate about something.
2. I remember why I loved Journalism. You get to listen to people talk about things they love and almost become filled their experiences and their excitement.
3. I realized that if this teaching gig doesn't work out, I could easily fall into publishing/journalism. I mean, my coordinator said that I could possibly do some freelance work for her after graduation. But I mean real newspapers or magazines too.

I don't know. It's only a 100 word blurb that I have to write, but I want it to be so much more. The professor had all these pictures to show me. It was really nice. He also said my name alot, but not in a fake way. I like it when people do that.

All my classes are going fantastic. I'm beginning to remember why I'm an all-star at this stuff. I mean, nothing is as hard or as bad as you can build it up to be in your head.

Whenever I get too stressed out I just think of the time I sat in the back of Journeys stockroom on a shipment of Vans or Converse, whatever, after my manager had yelled at me. I was ready to, I don't know, cry or walk out or something. And my coworker Aaron, this sweet guy who I barely knew at the time looked at me like he just knew exactly how I felt and he took his hand and brushed his shoulder. As if to say, "just forget it". And it made me feel so much better, I don't know why. But that's how I feel now.

No comments: