This weekend was a nice change. I managed to get off my death bed to take the four hour long
Praxis. In an effort to appease my body into compliance I went to bed at 7:30PM the night before the test. I mean, I'm sure I passed the test and everything, but damn, what a pain in the ass. The rest of Saturday we went to look at Lab puppies that my dad was thinking about buying. My aunt and uncle went, then we had this huge family dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. At some point I started ranting about my Theories and Approach class, and got a lesson in the "ways of the world". I won't say more than that, but I have so many ideas of a crazy short story floating around my brain. Mom wanted to shop and drink margaritas with me, but I just really wanted to lay around the house and harass the cats. So we settled on sitting on the sofa drinking coffee and reading our respective novels. I lovingly named the stray kitten "
Macchiato" after the drink from Starbucks, since he looks like caramel.
This morning I promised my grandma I'd go out to breakfast with her before I left for Ship again. We had Panera, which was okay, though I am still thoroughly lacking an appetite as a side-effect of being sickly. I had to get the house in order back at Bard, and almost died when about 10000 glass bowls fell out of the cupboard at me. Things are okay now though. Pretty ordinary weekend, blah blah I'm boring, whatever. I do have a ton of reading to do tonight. But it's relaxing, trying not to think of this week and all the hoops I'll have to jump through to make it to Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment