Friday, June 12, 2009

you know i think about you, let me know you think about me too

So this may seem like a ridiculous thing. But honestly, I think I'll puke all my guts out if I see another commercial where a bunch of women suddenly become afraid of it being "bikini season". Goddamnit. Because what else should women worry about other than having tight bodies. And then I guess that girls/women watch those commercials and decide that they need to think about their own bodies. And probably feel like shit about themselves. Whatever. I'm over it.

Anyway today I was sitting in Gryphon and there was a really cute girl writing in her diary. Like a real diary. I guess I was sort of spying on her. But a good kind of spying. It made me think that I'd like to have a real diary again. I mean, yeah, I write about stuff on here--but only things that I'm not terribly concerned with becoming public knowledge. It would be nice to be completely honest. Even if it's just to myself.

I found wire at A.C. Moore to duplicate the ring I got at the flea market. I'm going to make one for everyone. Except the kit cost thirteen bucks and I don't have any money. So once I get a job everyone gets a ring. Hold out for that. Had a hiring sign outside of Gap and I applied. Am calling back tomorrow.

I'm working on a pretty intense poem. But I'm not entirely sure how I want to make it feel. I'll post it when it has more of a direction. Also, at the risk of sounding silly (that's the least negative word I can use without being too self-deprecating) I have typed up writing prompts for an entire semester worth of Spawning Pool (the real one at school). I'm going to be really busy this school year with my internship/knitting mafia/spawning pool workshops/spawning pool zine/job/classes so I thought that'd cut a lot of stress out. That way I can just pull out the prompt when it's time. I can store them somewhere. Sort of like an organized person might.

Also, i'm completely in love with neko case right now. She's playing in Baltimore the end of July. Who wants to be my date?

1 comment:

Elisabeth W. Rauch said...

i'd be your date. i love the cd but it's probably when my sister is having the baby so i won't leave town. sorry boo.