Friday, April 17, 2009

I was a hopeless romantic, now I'm just turning tricks.

I feel a shrug coming off my shoulders. Ah. I get sad at the end of anything. At the end of the semester. I feel a memory closing that I can't fit into anymore. Instead of everyone acting new and exciting, it's like we're all just on automatic. I'm clawing back to December. Or even September. I wouldn't mind doing all the work over again if I could be with my friends a little more. Just one year left. And it's not like I'm dying or anything, or that I won't talk to these people after we graduate. But, it will never be like this.

I had a really great week. All the crazy things that Marie and Whitney and me did for the Reflector were fun. Whitney and I in our matching shirts yelling at Marie for not wearing hers. Becoming disillusioned that there weren't any purple balloons left in the world. Sitting at the table in my fishnets with Whit exclaiming "oh! you really did go home and change!". Whitney eating the carrot that I used to lick all the peanut butter up with. And the launch party was sweet. All my friends came out. I just wanted to hug everyone. Making cupcakes before the party was super cute too. Even if I get unnaturally condescending about how to icing/sprinkle the cupcakes.

Today Jen and Rachel and I went to this amazing tea store in Chambersburg. I start to think that maybe the world is too mean for me. Then someone paints the ocean on the steps of a teashop.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm mushy gushy in love with all of this.

I'm exhausted right now, this week has killed me. But I can't sleep when there is the prospect of drunken video games with Beth. Tomorrow I'm doing serious homework camp out. I'll be all alone here, which is good. I definitely want to do some writing. There's so many things that I've wanted to write that I've been pushing down to the corners of my mind. Sunday Jen and I are having a tea party and panera homework camp out. I have too much to do this weekend. But i can't complain. Only two more weeks. Then it's four months of art museums, working, and filthy rich suburbs.

No comments: