Today was pretty productive. It *had* to be, or else I couldn't justify quitting my job. So I went to Panera when it was super rainy out and, as planned, drank too much hazelnut coffee. I read most of Moby Dick for American Lit. I have to say that it's pretty good. I'm going to post one of my favorite parts from Ishmael--the shitty first person narrator that is a complete pussy, but I love him because he's crazy depressed.
"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can."
Anyway, I need to write a report on Captain Ahab and make a powerpoint, so I'll probably do that tomorrow. Everyone around Bard went home (for Easter or some other shit) so I can turn up Belle and Sebastian as loud as I want (not that Belle and Sebastian lends itself well to that).
I bought a bunch of cleaning stuff, and candles and just completely cleaned house. I even mopped, which I did in my amazing tube socks, singing along to the Smiths. I even hung up my pictures that Mom got framed. So I'm happy with the downstairs, I just need to clean upstairs tomorrow. I should go home, seeing as there's nothing keeping me here. Other than the quiet. And my motivation to get miles ahead on my homework. I got a dirty chai at the (real) Starbucks in Chambersburg, which was nice. All in all, good day. I still have a bit of work that I want to get done tonight, but whatevs. I sort of just want to watch The Royal Tennenbaums, or read "Breakfast at Tiffanys" but I'm not sure.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment