Last night I worked with this guy who is super nice, and really quiet. He always speaks so softly and when I go into my usual rambling/caffeine induced conversations--he just laughs and shakes his head. I don't really ever think he's listening to me though. But last night about 3 hours into my shift he just looks at me and says "so how was your birthday?". I was sort of taken aback, because I could tell he really cared, because he doesn't make small-talk. It's sort of that way, the people who talk the least, you listen to the most. Anyway, it was just nice to know that someone listens to me. Made me feel kind of sad though, to think that he remembered that. I don't know.
I really want to go see the cherry blossoms on Thursday with Sarah. But first of all, I know I'll be awkward and some sort of fifth wheel. Secondly, I have about 1000 things to do Thursday. But it would have been nice to see the cherry blossoms.
I haven't been able to write anything at all really lately. I feel like everything I write is the same poem with a different metaphor. I need to read more to get new ideas.
Also, you know---sometimes people tell you to do things (for your own good) and you think, or you say---"easier said than done". And in this instance I thought it would be an "easier said than done" but it really isn't. It's easy to forget about it when I'm alone.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment