Friday, March 20, 2009

northern lights

Today started off good. I had one of those sleeps where I woke up and was just completely awake. But laid in bed for the longest time with all the covers over me being warm and doing nothing but thinking. Ah it was great.

Mom sent me a package with some (hopefully not all!) of my bday presents. I got that anchor necklace I wanted and two shirts from American Eagle. Annnd a birthday card that sings and a pin...and birthday mints haha.

I met with my advisor today <3. He always talks to me like I'm an equal to him and that makes me feel good, if not intimidated by the responsibility of living up to that expectation. I think too much. But anyway he said that I've been screwing myself a bit by taking classes that I've wanted to take verses...taking the classes that are necessarily the best for me. I'm going to hold off on world lit until the spring. And so. My schedule is as follows (if I can get into everything).

-Seminar in Drama
-Lit Crit
-Fiction Workshop
-Astronomy
-Teaching Adolescent Lit

Which would be pretty awesome. That just leaves my Methods, World Lit, and math for the spring. Also we talked about my teaching requirements and I'm really not as far behind as I thought. He's going to take me to some of the highschools on Friday mornings to help fulfill my level 1 field observation hours. Starting next Friday! I'm pretty excited about the seminar that I'm taking with him. It's a seminar in American and British drama--post 1970s that deals with gender roles. Sounds....fucking awesome. ^__^

I had alot of homework that I want to get out of the way today so I don't have to worry about it Sunday. It's nothing challenging...just busy work, but time consuming. So we'll see what happens. I guess Justin and I are going out for dinner and I want Olive Garden. Mostly for the white chocolate cheese cake...*narrows eyes* ...cake...

Um what else what else. Well of course, bday party tomorrow. So excited. Sarah is going to sing me the Beatles happy birthday song. Best friend ever! I still need to call people and make sure everyone is all in and knows what's going on. I'm really bad with calling people. Or texting people. I just forget. I have a very narrow range of focus. About everything really. That goes for interests, friends, dislikes.

I need to clean up this package explosion I made when I opened my presents this morning. I'm going to go buy hats for all my friends also. It's necessary for my enjoyment.

No comments: