I'm having a good rainy Saturday afternoon. I've organized my tea collection, cleaned the bathroom and then taken a ridiculously long bath with that wonderful soap Beth gave me, read Much Ado, and then found a movie version with Emma Thompson on youtube, and worked on my next poem. I wish that I didn't have to ruin the rest of the day with going to work.
So I had to edit this entry to say. That I LOVE "Much Ado About Nothing". I hate Claudio and Hero is a tool---but Beatrice and Benedict are AMAZING! I want to live in a mansion in the 1700's and have masquerade parties and witty conversations. Gah! And all the love lines are beautiful. And! and! and! Real life sucks! Yeah!

My poem is going pretty well. I've been reading some of Catherine Wing's poetry online and it's really inspired me. I want to sort of branch out of how I normally write. Which is usually to a "you". Anyway my poem isn't done but it's working towards the idea I want so I'll post what I have.
----
I flatten beneath my sharp laugh
into the reciever when he tells me
don't feel sad
I am not sad
as the prettiest of what is in me
is drawn from my pores
and renamed love
so it may be studied
by the friend across the table
who advises that I stop
with my sick puppy love
but even failed experiments
like dinosaurs come in pieces
scattered ribs that can be drilled
and bolted together
to become Stegosaurus
these thoughts curl softly
and lay against the curve of my temple
as I cross my arms over my chest
So I had to edit this entry to say. That I LOVE "Much Ado About Nothing". I hate Claudio and Hero is a tool---but Beatrice and Benedict are AMAZING! I want to live in a mansion in the 1700's and have masquerade parties and witty conversations. Gah! And all the love lines are beautiful. And! and! and! Real life sucks! Yeah!

My poem is going pretty well. I've been reading some of Catherine Wing's poetry online and it's really inspired me. I want to sort of branch out of how I normally write. Which is usually to a "you". Anyway my poem isn't done but it's working towards the idea I want so I'll post what I have.
----
I flatten beneath my sharp laugh
into the reciever when he tells me
don't feel sad
I am not sad
as the prettiest of what is in me
is drawn from my pores
and renamed love
so it may be studied
by the friend across the table
who advises that I stop
with my sick puppy love
but even failed experiments
like dinosaurs come in pieces
scattered ribs that can be drilled
and bolted together
to become Stegosaurus
these thoughts curl softly
and lay against the curve of my temple
as I cross my arms over my chest

No comments:
Post a Comment