Friday, July 31, 2009

And coming around, I'm coming around

I feel that I have severely misjudged my co-workers perception of my abilities at work. It seems that the owner is considering asking me to be a manager. So...that's really awkward, because I haven't told them I'm leaving in less than a month. I hope they don't ask me so I don't have to lie about anything again. I'm a really bad liar. Anyway, what's with everyone wanting to make me manager of things? Have I missed my calling?

Last night I finally bought "House of Leaves" and instead of reading it, I sat it next to me all night and would look over and smile at it. I can't explain it, it was like our first date or something. I did, however, watch "Gone with the Wind" while starting to sew together my afghan. I had to step away though because I was getting really stressed and irritated. So my afghan and I need some space. But at the same time, I'm going home this Sunday for some doctor appointments Monday so I wanted to bring it home and show my Grandma. And I really want it done, but I'm just super irritated.

I did some pre-back to school shopping at King of Prussia the other day and scoped out what I want. I have to say, I'm going to have a really cute wardrobe and I'm pretty happy about that. I found this amazingly sweet black semi-trench coat at H&M. I would probably feel about 100 times cooler if I had that, especially because I would insist on sticking the collar up, like Deep Throat. And I'd be prepared if I was, for any reason, called upon to investigate something for the FBI.

I'm so excited to get back to Bard though. Especially since I was talking to Morgan and found out that we're going to have a pet turtle. And I'll be able to get a new (rip Barnaby) goldfish. And Jen doesn't get a pet because she isn't responsible. Jk jk, I hope she does so then all our pets can be friends. And develop a hyper-awareness of one another which ultimately leads to some ninja-turtle-esqe bond.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm addicted to that Say Hi to Your Mom song. :) Actually addicted to all of the songs. Me + Carte Blanche mix CD = otp. What if I have a fish that's technically mine, but it lives with yours so that you take care of it. That way I can be irresponsible and have a pet. Haha jk.