I went home for the Fourth of July. Mostly I just wanted to pet Maggie and Floyd a whole lot, which I did. We went to my aunt's house and my brother lit a bunch of illegal fireworks. We walked to Moul Field, which is where the whole town gathers and watches the fireworks go off. I got a snowball and listened to some band play "Brown Eyed Girl". Which I liked because no one ever writes songs about brown eyes.
It's weird going home, because it's familiar but it's also like I don't belong there. It's like that super cheesy quote that I can't even believe I'm about to reference, "you can never cross the same river twice because you're never the same person". Anyway, that's about how I feel, cheesy or not.
Today I finished that book I've been in love with for days now. I've been watching interviews with the author, and I absolutely adore him. I thought I wouldn't because he looks really cocky on the book jacket. He's writing a book about vegetarianism which is supposed to come out this fall. Exciting.
He really makes me want to be a great fiction writer. I mean, poetry is great and all, but who reads poetry? Poets? Haha, aw poetry I don't mean that. But sometimes you just want to say more than you can write in a poem. Like the poem I just wrote about my grandma. Bottom line is, expect an epic post later tonight of all my favorite quotes from his book, which I had to mark with post-its since it's a library book since I'm poor.
Tomorrow is my big day at work, and of course I'm nervous. I bought shoes at Walmart because I left my Vans at school. But I wish I had them, I think I'd feel cooler if I wore them at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment