Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Non laisse moi!

So there's this episode of "The Twilight Zone" that I remember watching years ago. In it this man is just going about his regular routine of getting ready to leave the office. When he turns around to leave for the day-- it's as if he was on a movie set. And there's a camera crew and directors and everything and they yell "cut!". And what was his "real life" was just a character he had been playing on a tv show. When he walks off the set he has this other life and he's so confused. And anyway--sometimes I wish I turned around and I was on a TV set that I could walk off of into a whole new life. Bleh. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my uniform for work is a jersey style polyester shirt that has 'SALAD WORKS' printed across it. Can I just be abducted by aliens for maybe a couple weeks? Or you know, whatever, be in the "Twilight Zone".

Although, I do admit that all this X-files/alien documentary watching is catching up with me. Today I went to turn on the kitchen light and accidently also flipped on the exhaust fan without realizing it. And I'm standing there and hear the fan noise starting to rumble and was like "oh shit, it's happening--they're here". So I think I need to get out more.

3 comments:

Elisabeth W. Rauch said...

hahaha. maybe you do need to get out more. thanks for inviting me. my internet routine is back on!
<3

Jen said...

I have yet to see that Twilight Zone episode, even though I really want to. I haven't been online lately because of two things, one, my power cord broke and my laptop is out of power, so I occasionally get on my parents laptop, but I'm not nearly as attached to that one. Two I'm at the outer banks and our internet connection is shitty and I'm in the ocean most of the day. A dead sea turtle washed up on the beach yesterday and I watched them disect it. It was pretty cool.

Also, they are here, and they're coming to get you.

Whitney said...

a dead sea turtle!? that makes me more sad than it rationally should. :o/