Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can you help it if plain love now seems less interesting

I've worked everyday this week. And that's okay with me, except my legs get pretty sore and I have to pop a couple Tylenol which keeps me perpetually tired.

I like this Mexican guy that works with me. He told me that he learned English from watching TV. And when snotty customers come in he makes fun of them under his breath. And unlike everyone else there, he doesn't talk much, but when he does I love it. Like today I walked in and he said "Is it raining out there Sue?" "Yep" I nodded and he frowned and said "Tomorrow too".

Anyway I work with my friend Dave this Saturday. He likes to show me all his new books. Like "Pride and Prejudice with Zombies" which he was so excited over.

It's so easy for me to sink into a new life with these people. I mean, I could go anywhere and begin again. Not that I want to forget anyone, but they sort of just become (don't wanna use the word bittersweet) oh I don't know almost like a good movie that you've forgotten all the in-between-parts but remember all the climax.

It's like how I keep writing letters to Melanie in my head. Wanting to tell her about how I'm getting better at everything, and how can I make not being there to her.

But I guess words are a dime and dozen and blah blah blah. And how many people could say it better than me. But really, what's sorry mean to someone. Or I love you or I miss you or I mean it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

The picture is from the Vesuvius exhibit isn't it? I'm sad that we aren't going to the Jaymay concert, but that just means we'll have to do something else soon, I miss you tons!