I spent today hijacking Justin's car while he was at work and driving around the greater Philadelphia area being badass(?) with my ridiculously loud whiney music. There's lots of highways to drive down forever. Though, what is it about driving someone else's car that when you get in to drive it's like you've never driven a car before and freak out. Is that just me?
Things at work are going okay. Though loverboy (guy who is obviously crushing on me---okay he asked me what bands I liked and then made a mix tape of all of them and played it in the back while i was working---- and has apparently told everyone there about his crush) made my day awkward. I was talking to him about possible decorations for my next fish tank (rip barnaby) in the fall and this other girl that works with us just blurts out "omg why don't you guys just date". I don't think I come off as flirting. Maybe not as self-aware as thought. Well everyone around us turned and looked at me expectantly. I guess I should have laughed it off or said some quip. But I don't know, I just stood there and pretended like nothing happened. Anyway, I don't like boys staring at me while I'm trying to work. I can't be that hotass in my salad works shirt. Though my reddish short hair is pretty hawt, I absolutely can't deny it.
Anyway, things are certainly looking up. I mean, I'm still really broke from not having a job for forever. But I got the most amazing mail from Beth yesterday, and we have big plans for me to stay in her new apartment (!!!) over xmas break. And since Alex is going to be out in Pittsburgh too, we can drive home from Xmas together. I said that I'd knit us matching striped scarves, and how cute would we be? Whit and I are hanging out tomorrow for reals. And I think we're checking out the super trendy thrift stores around here. After I eat Amish donuts at the farmer's market and watch harry fing potter6.
Also I've perfected my favorite salad at work. Here's the ingredients: Spinach base, asian chow noodle crisps, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cucumbers, green peppers, tons of craisins, and tons of parmesan cheese flakes. Best food ever. Better than my favorite Subway sandwich.
I found my yellow bobby pin stuck in my messenger bag this morning. Things always look up when it turns up.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yesterday i kept finding yellow puff ball seeds everywhere. i don't understand what it means. yay for our letters and spending winter break together. plans with alex sound good too! yay!
Post a Comment