Friday, July 10, 2009

Qu'est-ce que tu as aujourd'hui ?

I don't know how to say this, but sometimes I think that the first sniff of a freshly opened bag of coffee is better than an orgasm. Pic below unrelated--sorta.


This guy I work with goes to college where Maya Angeluo teaches, and has her in classes. I was impressed and also jealous. He was telling me about this collection of private artwork that I should check out. I think he may of been implying that he should take me. Boys.

Hm what else. Oh! My afghan is about 1/3 finished--or will be after another X-Files knitting marathon. My fingers hurt and it's really annoying because I'm so geared to churn out an afghan.

Last night I dreamt about Mel. In my dream nothing ever changed, and I was going to her house to spend an afternoon floating around her pool talking about nothing like we used to. We'd squirt so much oil on ourselves that the pool water would sheen with a greasy top layer. We'd speed somewhere in her ridiculous car in our bikini tops, blasting "The Sounds" and smoking smoking smoking. Inviting stupid boys from bands over then ditching them. Shopping non-stop. Arguing over which of us was fatter. Dying eachother's hair. Dancing together stoned out of our minds when Alex took us to that gay bar so no one else came near us. I was cooler when I was a teenager. Anyway, it really sucks when you have someone you miss so bad, but it's your fault that they're gone--especially when you can't blame them. People come into and leave your life so easily. I wish I could fix it. I miss her I miss her I miss her. She was one of those people that I sort of imagine that I dreamed into life because I needed her. I don't know how else to say it.

I work tomorrow again, then I'm going biking around Valley Forge. They have bikes you can rent for the day like in Ocean City. Gotta see Bruno at some point. And actually read "Everything Is Illuminated" instead of just carrying it around in my bag everywhere I go.

No comments: