Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ad!

Stole this from Beth because it's super cute.

Me:

I'm a 21 year old English major interested in writing, and you can tell. I have short wavy/curly hair--depending on how much time I have to invest in my straightener, glasses, brown eyes, but my favorite feature is my lips which aren't too big or too thin--of which I usually coat in retro bright red lipstick. My legs look pretty thin in skinny jeans, but I have wide hips, so I'll never be super skinny no matter how much I substitute coffee for meals. I love coffee, but I can never manage to make it taste right when I make it at home, so mostly drink it at diners or Starbucks. I can make a hell of a cup of tea, and love deciding which of my favorite mugs (Shakespeare or James Dean?) to use. I'm into indie music, but don't claim to know much about it, and get most of it from friends who do. I never take my taste in music too seriously, mostly because my favorite band has steadily been Bright Eyes. When I go out I like it to be with a friend or two that I know won't allow any awkward pauses in conversation, and won't find my occasional rants uncomfortable. I don't care what I go out to do, because I find the fun in the people I'm with, not where I am. I like to read, I like to write--anything, even essays, maybe especially essays. I have been writing poetry, trying to gain some skills through workshops and writing manuals. I don't take my writing too seriously, but I'm not ashamed of it either. I am trying to get published because I ultimately want to become a poetry professor and publish my own book--and publication credits certainly help achieve these goals. I'm interested in things like sociology, philosophy, politics, and animal rights. I can draw pretty well, and almost went to art school. I'm interested in publishing my own zines, and starting a website for them. Sometimes I get a little down, but it's easy to cheer me up if you know how. I promise I'll try not to ever need you too much. But I'll love you with all my heart. You'll know I do because I'll make it obvious, because I don't know any other way to act. I'll buy you thoughtful presents, and want to make you mixed cds, I'll always be on time for you. That last one may be a lie, but don't hold it against me.

You:

Someone who is interested in the arts in some way, not specific. You should have some background of nerd culture (Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter) so you can understand my jokes. You should probably have an interest in sitting for long hours in Starbucks, and not find my caffeine-induced states annoying. You need to be able to listen to me. You should have your own goals and own hobbies, which I will probably find endearing. Appreciate the presents that I give you to, because I probably thought long and hard about them. I'm not too specific about appearances, but I will say that artsy looking types help. Tattoos, piercings, band tees, glasses, chuck taylors turn me on and I can't help it. Things I don't like; when it's obvious that you don't care, blowing out my candles, cancelling plans, not finding fun in little things, not finishing my references to lyrics, or not realizing how important something is to me.

1 comment:

Elisabeth W. Rauch said...

i love yours too! i was looking on dating websites again (don't let me do it) and i was like writing ads is fun but the concept of the rest of it is creepy. i think that's how i ended up on craigslist. look at plenty of fish.com... it's all so weird. but i think writing ads is fun so i think i'm going to keep writing them and posting them on my blog. :)