Sunday, May 17, 2009

To make your own zine

Yesterday I went to a book sale (there are a ridiculous amount of book sales around here) and while I didn't find "Other Voices, Other Rooms" like I wanted...I came across these old (from the '50's to 70's) art books/literary journals. I found an article in one from Kurt Vonnegut (which I later tore up because I wanted the images on the other side. Sorry not a huge Vonnegut fan).

Anyway, I tore the things up when I got home. I cut out all the images. I must have a couple hundred. Not to mention my hand is sore from the scissors. I'm going to store all of them to pull for my zines. The library near-by also has a photocopier that I can use. Justin has a printer. Now all I need are alphabet stamps to make my words.

I'm going to butcher a couple poems to make them small enough to do the booklets. I want to do maybe two booklet zines--and then I want to try another form. I have some ideas in mind but it's hard for me to describe without visually showing them.

I'm going to Hanover tonight. My appointment is tomorrow morning. But assuming I'm okay, I'm going to go to AC Moore and buy stamps. Then spend the rest of the night zine printing. Maybe with a break to hang out with Alexfacey.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I don't play.

No comments: