Sunday, May 3, 2009

that's what you get for sticking out your neck

So I watched "The Holiday" this morning. Which I had already seen, but I needed something to do while I painted my fingernails this blueish/green color that is named "First Time" for some reason. I realized a couple things. First of all, I want Kate Winslet's life (house/career). Secondly I love the opening monolouge--

"And then, there's another kind of love: the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. Its called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded. "

Which, fair, it's corny as shit. But, that's not the point I'm trying to make. The thing is, she doesn't stay alone. She falls in love with Jack Black, Jack Black loves her and everyone is happy---except me because Jude Law deserves better than Cameron Diaz. I think, that maybe there should be a movie about someone in love, unrequited love---who simply moves on without someone else. Who just deals with it and has a great life alone? Right? People would watch that?

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, my cat scratched my face really bad. I have a red tear line over my eye. I'm like a pirate.

I'm going to go back to Philly tomorrow. And get a job at an independent coffee shop. And write my zines. I just need to stock up on supplies.

I'm having Alex over tonight. We can share sad stories and mind altering substances.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your cat loves to claw faces, that might be my favorite thing about him. We're BFFs.